With over 60 concerts and education projects per year, OOTS has tremendous support from people just like you, our dedicated volunteers. If you’d like to join them, this offers a great opportunity to meet others who share your interest and a passion for music and your community. A full induction session is provided prior to undertaking any volunteer role. Further training may be offered if deemed necessary.
Call Sue Pope in the OOTS office, 01789 267567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Our volunteers enjoy:
- Priority booking
- Unlimited tea/coffee/biscuits at office ‘stuffing parties’!
- Opportunities to meet and work with soloists and composers of international calibre
- 2 complimentary tickets to events you support
- Volunteers thank you party held each summer at the Artistic Directors home
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Please view the role profile of your choice by clicking the link. To apply, download the Volunteer Application form above.
Front of House Volunteer Role Profile
- CD Sales – Selling our wonderful selection of CDs as a gift or memento
- Programme sellers – 2 are required for every Play House concert. Outgoing and sociable personality a bonus!
- Orchestra Ambassador – to help others enjoy their evening to the full, handing out fliers for future concerts and answering questions
Marketing Volunteer Role Profile
- Mailshot Parties
OOTS has a busy marketing programme to ensure good ticket sales. 4-5 times each season we update our supporters with newsletters, concert fliers etc. With over 5000 addresses that’s a lot of envelopes to stuff, so if you enjoy a good natter with friends and unlimited tea/coffee/biscuits this is the job for you!
- Leaflet and Poster Distribution
We all enjoy seeing posters for OOTS concerts in shops, waiting rooms and notice boards so if you enjoy a walk and can help distribute posters around the town, your village… please let us know.
- Social Media
If you’re a Facebook fan, an avid Twitter or just an IT enthusiast with some spare time to tell the world about OOTS we’d love to hear from you. With followers around the world this could be a way of making new global friends.
Learning & Participation Volunteer Role Profile
Assisting our inspirational team of musicians to deliver our learning programmes in care homes, schools and the community.
Concert Givers Role Profile
As part of our ongoing commitment to supporting people living with dementia and their carers in partnership with the Alzheimer’s Society and their Side-by-Side programme, we hope the Concert Giver will assist people with a love of classical music to attend concerts, as they did prior to diagnosis.
If you have other thoughts and ideas on how you’d like to support Orchestra of the Swan by volunteering, please get in touch.
We’re waiting to hear from you…