- THURSDAY 13 APRIL 2023 | STRATFORD PLAY HOUSE
- FRIDAY 14 APRIL 2023 | ALDERMINSTER VILLAGE HALL
- WEDNESDAY 19 APRIL 2023 | STRATFORD PLAY HOUSE
- THURSDAY 4 MAY 2023 | THE AMPHITHEATRE
- FRIDAY 5 MAY 2023 | NUMBER 8 PERSHORE
- THURSDAY 11 MAY 2023 | RSC STRATFORD
- SATURDAY 13 MAY 2023 | WARWICK HALL
- TUESDAY 30 MAY 2023 | THE COURTYARD, HEREFORD
May 5 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Number 8, Pershore
Friday 5 May 2023, 7.30pm
Pre-concert talk at 6.45pm
Number8, 8 High Street, Pershore, WR10 1BG
Tickets: £16 and £10 (Under 16)
About the Concert
Classical music returns to Pershore with Rococo, bursting into life with American composer Jessie Montgomery’s Starburst, a multidimensional soundscape in which exploding gestures are juxtaposed with gentle fleeting melodies.
Two fiery sets of variations for solo cello and orchestra are presented here in new arrangements; Variations on a Rococo Theme, the closest Tchaikovsky came to writing a Cello Concerto and Martinů’s wickedly beguiling set of variations based on a melody from Rossini’s opera, Moses in Egypt.
Tchaikovsky’s radiant Serenade for Strings, in which he succeeded in combining his adoration of Mozartian elegance with the simplicity of Russian folk tunes, provides an electrifying conclusion.
Don’t forget to join our FREE pre-concert talk with Matthew Sharp and David Le Page at 6.45pm.
|Tchaikovsky arr. Le Page||Variations on a Rococo Theme, Op.33|
|Martinů arr. Le Page||Variations on a Theme of Rossini|
|Tchaikovsky||Serenade for Strings in C Major, Op.48|
*Subject to change
|Director||David Le Page|
Matthew Sharp (Cello)
David Le Page (Director)
- Book online Tickets available soon